"More addictive than a goddam video game" - Balloon Juice

"One of my very favorite music blogs ever..." - Singer/Songwriter Emma Wallace

"Fascinating... really GREAT!!! You'll learn things about those tunes we all LOVE to play and blow on... SOD is required reading for my advanced students. It's fun, too!" - Nick Mondello of
AllAboutJazz.com

"I never let a day go by without checking it." - Bob Madison of Dinoship.com

"I had dinner the other night with some former WNEW staff members who spoke very highly of your work." - Joe Fay

Monday, September 14, 2009

Sleep Warm

By Lew Spence, Alan Bergman & Marilyn Keith
1958

Written for Frank Sinatra by the same composer who gave him Nice 'n Easy, this song was recorded by the Chairman during the sessions for his superb Only the Lonely album. It was also recorded shortly thereafter by Sinatra comrade Dean Martin for his album of the same name (which Sinatra conducted).

Lyrics:

Sleep warm, sleep tight,
When you turn off the light,
Sleep warm, sleep well, my love.

Rest your head on your pillow,
What a lucky pillow.
Close to you, so close to you all night.

Sleep warm, sleep well,
Let dreams within you dwell,
Sweet dreams of me, my love.

Close your eyes now and kiss me,
And whisper you miss me,
Sleep tight, sleep well, sleep warm.

Recorded By:

Stacey Kent
Meredith D'Ambrosio
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Tomasz Stanko

No comments:

Listen to The Jonathan Station